Sunday, August 23, 2009

RICE RICE RICE!!!

Well it's been quite a while since i've posted here. But I've had SOOO much fun. RICEfever and RICErally was heaps amazing. RICEfever was really fun, we had a massive picnic with some friends, and listened to some amazing talks.

But RICErally was the real turning point of both events. The talks really touched my heart and I've decided I want to learn more about Jesus and what he's sacrificed so that we can stand where we are right at this moment.

The night started out really wonderfully, we all danced along to some catchy tunes from Nicole C. Mullen, and at around 7pm, the countdown for the official launch of RICErally began. I was really excited because it was my first year at RICE and I had no idea what was install for the whole night. The songs were amazing and were beautiful and catchy to sing along to.

The highlight of the night was definitely the talk Matt Chandler gave. It really made me think about who I really am, and what I've been doing with my life all these years. So after his talk, my friends and I decided to go to the RICE lounge, and talk to some RICE leaders about what we think about christianity and God.

From there, things got quite emotional for some of us, and I decided I want to devote myelf to God. However, I can't fit church or youth group into my daily routine because I have stuff on, but hopefully, by going to ISCF every week, I will learn more about God and what he's done for us. Also, I hope I can go back to church next year! :)

Now for those people out there who think that this whole christian RICE thing is all a cliche and thinks everyone who goes there will get "brainwashed", well, I know I can't change your mind. All I can do is hope that next year, you will come along to the RICE events, and hopefully experience this life changing event that happened to me!

So guys if you're reading my blog (probably not many out there), but IF you are, grab some friends and come along to RICE next year. I can guarantee you will have the time of your life :)

0 comments: